Artists for Conservation
|Artists For Conservation
I just had the honor of being nominated the conservation artist of the month by Artists for Conservation. Artists for Conservation is an excellent organization that supports the conservation effort by providing a platform for artists to both express themselves aesthetically, and be able to financially contribute to the organizations they wish to support. This is accomplished by the artist contributing a percentage of the sales of their work to an charitable organization of their choice. Talented artists, both prominent and as of yet, undiscovered, participate as members through out the world. I am honored to be in their company and hope to eventually be able to contribute as much.
THANK YOU! Jeffrey Whiting, (Founder & President), and the Team at Artists for Conservation for considering me for this award!!!
Artists for Conservation (from their website)
Mission & VisionAt AFC, our mission is to support wildlife and habitat conservation, biodiversity, sustainability, and environmental education through art that celebrates our natural heritage.
Through international art exhibits, collaborative art-science expeditions, publications and cutting-edge online initiatives, we engage, inspire and inform the public, and empower passionate professional artists as effective ambassadors for the environment.
We dedicate our resources to nurturing our world-class community of artists, and leveraging this unique pool of talent to support our mission through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
- Engaging and educating individuals and organizations through artistic expression to convey the importance and urgency of sustaining our natural heritage
- Supporting art-science field research expeditions to study endangered species and threatened habitats
- Producing art exhibitions and publications in support of conservation
- Facilitating member art sales to raise funds for conservation
- Maintaining the world's largest gallery of nature inspired art
- Recognizing artists and other individuals and organizations for their commitments and actions in support of conservation
Artists for Conservation provides artist members with excellent exposure and opportunities for exhibition. Their Flag Expedition grant program promotes awareness to critical environmental issues in ecologically fragile areas throughout the world.It is a collaboration of field science and artistic research. It is a prestigious award for an artist to be considered for this fellowship opportunity. For more information on the Flag Expeditions click here.
There are several ways to become involved with this organization either by becoming an artist member, a sponsor, or a donor. Please click here for more information.
AND YOU KNOW I LOVE THIS LOGO ( POLLINATOR!!!:)!
here to read the story behind their logo.